Contact: Marksbury IT/AV SupportEmail: AVtraining@cs.uky.eduHours: M-F 8am - 5pm
- Connect your personal machine to the projector using one of the two podium connectors; VGA, or HDMI (Most MAC machines will require a VGA/HDMI adapter).
For those individuals with Mac laptops, we do have several Lightning 2 to HDMI and Lightning 2 to VGA converters in the theater operating room. If a Lightning 3 (USB-C) adaptor is needed, please contact AVtraining@cs.uky.edu prior to theater use.
- In the theater operating room, using the iPad on the table, press START. Most users will then press USE INSIDE PROJECTOR and wait for the theater to finish its start-up routine. The option to USE OUTSIDE PROJECTOR allows the projection to be seen from the courtyard (inside viewers will see a reverse image on the screen).
- Once an interface appears on the iPad, select Room Control and in the following pop-up select SCENE 2 underneath the section titled ‘LIGHTS’. Select EXIT PAGE in the top right hand corner to close this pop-up.
- Turn on the sound board by toggling the toggle switch on the back of the board. The board will illuminate when it is powered on.
- Select the desired input on the rack unit near the soundboard. Select PODIUM VGA (the default) if using VGA, and PODIUM HDMI if using HDMI.
- In the theater operating room, select EXIT in the bottom right hand corner of the iPad interface and in the following pop-up, select SYSTEM POWER and then select Yes.
- Turn off the sound board by toggling the switch on the back of the board.
The theater operating room is key card locked at all times. Refer back to your theater reservation email for instructions on how to access this room.
Theater start-up (Audio-only)¶
- In the theater operating room, use the iPad on the table, press ‘START’, then AUDIO ONLY.
- On the resulting interface, select Room Control and in the following pop-up select SCENE 2 underneath the section titled LIGHTS (This may not be necessary depending on the time of day). Select EXIT PAGE in the top right hand corner to close this pop-up.
- Turn on the sound board by toggling the switch on the back of the board.
- Use the microphones as directed in the Microphone Usage section.
- Shutdown the theater using the same steps from Theater shutdown in the previous section.
This theater start-up mode is for those who only wish to use the theaters audio equipment, and not the projector.
- Make sure the sound board mentioned in Theater start-up has been switched on, there will be lights indicating power is active.
- To turn on the clip mic, PRESS and HOLD the POWER button until the LED display switches on. PRESS and HOLD this button again to shut it off.
- For the hand held mics, PRESS and HOLD the button on the butt of the handle until the LED display switches on to turn it on. PRESS and HOLD this same button to shut it off.
Please remember to secure all audio equipment back in the theater operating room before leaving.
If the mic indicates a low battery on the display, there are additional batteries in a charging mount on the back wall of the theater operating room.
Blu-ray Player Usage¶
- Follow steps ‘1-5’ under the section Theater start-up.
- When you reach step ‘5’ under Theater start-up, select
BLURAYon the rack unit near the soundboard.
- Press the button in the top right-hand corner of the player to open the tray and insert your desired disk. The video should begin playing on the main projector.
- Use the Blu-rays provided remote (The one labeled ‘SONY’ and ‘BD’) to navigate the disk’s menus. Use the arrows and speaker icons on the right hand side of the IPad to control volume.
- Shutdown the theater using the same steps from the Theater shutdown section.
- No picture - If you are seeing the screen flash blue or black unplug the power from the device with two purple network cables on the bottom shelf of the podium then plug it back in. This is a failure in the HDMI handshake. To prevent this from happening, turn off the power saving features of your laptop.
- No sound - Make sure the sound board is turned on in the control room.
- Other issue or questions - Contact AV support firstname.lastname@example.org or x71839.