Suda on Line
- Student: Huar En (Desmond) Ng 7/2000. Currently at Computer Associates,
- Purpose: Design and implement a web-based tool for collaborative
translation of a large ancient text.
Allow participants of different levels to register, request parts of text to
translate, enter translations, vet translations, search translations, and
administer the project. All interaction is via Web forms.
- What the student learned
The resulting tools have since been enhanced and are usable at
- Perl CGI-bin scripting
- Building a complex set of inter-related scripts
- Some database techniques for managing the data.
- Documentation techniques; a writeup can be found