- Student: J. Frank Roberts (2013).
Build a software suite that detects misbehaving computers in large
computing systems and presents information about those machines to the system
(1) Each monitored machine sends data to the collector on a regular basis.
(2) The collector stores the data in a database.
(3) The profiler converts stored data into a series of Symbolic Aggregate
approXimation (SAX) words.
(4) The analyzer applies window-pair and baseline analysis techniques to the
series of SAX words to detect
anomalies and present the results as graphs.
- What the student learned
Code and documentation can be found at
- The Go language
- The SAX algorithms
- Research methods
- Technical writing