Pseudo Distributed File System
- Student: Rukmangathan Balakrishnan 7/2000, now at CISCO Systems in San
- Purpose: Design and implement a Locus-like distributed file system
using Unix processes.
Design and implement a protocol based on TCP connecting user sites, storage
sites, and synchronization sites. Some of the code is based on Linux VFS and
NFS version 2.
- What the student learned
- Design and implementation of a complex project
- Intricacies involved in a distributed file system
- Technical writing skills in preparing and packaging
the resulting code.