An LDAP back end for SAT
- Student: Himanshu Shah 6/2000, now at CISCO Systems in San Jose, CA.
- Purpose: Replace the custom back-end database for SAT (System
Administration Tools) with an industry-standard LDAP (Lightweight Directory
Access Protocol) database.
Organize the SAT relations into an appropriate LDAP structure and populate them.
Modify the SAT routines (both C and Perl) that access and modify the data.
- What the student learned
- LDAP: organization of data, protocol for accessing data
- SAT: structure of the software
- Technical writing skills in preparing and packaging
the resulting code.