- Student: Prasanth Ramachandran (2003).
- Purpose: Design and implement a facility for scoring organic-chemistry
homework and providing feedback to students for wrong answers.
EPOCH is a plugin for courseware such as Blackboard with web interfaces for
students, instructors, authors, and administrators. Courses contain
assignments, which contain problems, which include conditions
that determine whether a given answer (in the form of a chemical structure
interactively entered by an applet) is right or wrong and provide feedback to
- What the student learned
Summary documentation can be found at
- Tools: Tomcat (web server), JChem (chemical informatics package),
MarvinSketch (drawing applet), BlackBoard (courseware), Oracle (database
- Techniques: Prototype-based software development, object-relational
- Documentation and packaging techniques