If you want to ask a question about a program,
follow these guidelines to speed up the process.
If it's a simple syntax question
"how do you declare an array?"
just send that - we can either answer it or refer you to
the reference book:)
- If it's more complicated, first send your design - if it exists.
If the design doesn't exist, THAT is what you need to ask about first.
- Then send the code - ALL the code, not just an extract.
- If it is a compiler error - syntax error - send
the exact message and exactly where the error is being
pointed out. You do NOT need to print out ALL the error
messages - most of them are probably spurious anyway.
- If the program compiles without errors, say so.
Then say what the problem is, as far as you can describe it -
give inputs that caused the erroneous output.
- If you get an answer, but need further explanation,
please quote the last message back. We see a lot of email
and we don't always remember what your particular problem is.
- just say "it doesn't work"
- just say "I need help!!!"
- wait until the last minute!