CS 115 Information about Lab Test 3
This is about the 115 lab test scheduled for
Monday December 4.
- It will be held in your regular lab at the regularly scheduled time.
- You will be given a URL for the test problem at the time the test starts.
- You will have 50 minutes
to create a working program to solve the given problem.
So don't be late coming to the test! You will not get extra time!
- You do NOT have to demonstrate the program.
These are the actual instructions that appear at the top of the test.
CS 115 Lab Test 3 Fall 2017
50 Points (6% of final grade)
- use your own machine, the lab machine in front of you or both.
The test is open note, open book. You can use any kind of printed text you wish.
- You may use flash memory sticks.
- You may use the help in your IDE or the documents at docs.python.org.
- You may access the notes and Powerpoint slides on the 115 class web site.
- You may submit the program electronically as many times as you wish. The last one will be graded.
- Even if you don't get the program finished, submit what you have
done. You may get partial credit even if it does not run.
save your work periodically to the Desktop if you use IDLE. IDLE is prone to crashes.
follow the commonly established style and format conventions of the class.
- read the grading criteria for your reference.
- turn your cellphone OFF and put it away.
- use Python 3.x.
- save your work on your Desktop. Name the file "LastnameFirstname.py" using your name.
- Put a comment at the top of your program with your name, your section and uky.edu email address in it.
No other documentation is required; you may put more if it helps as you program.
When you are finished with your program, use the supplied link
to submit it electronically (the .py file ONLY).
Because of the time constraints we have, you MUST submit your program by 10 minutes before the hour.
Every minute after that time that you submit late,
you will lose 10% of the possible test score for each minute up to 5 minutes late, then we
do not accept it at all.
You MUST NOT:
- Once you leave the room from the test, you may NOT submit again. If this happens, it is
grounds for a cheating case. We cannot proctor you if you are not in the room.
- You are NOT supposed to discuss this exam with anyone else
in the class until ALL exams have been given. This is part of academic integrity.
- You are NOT allowed to communicate with anyone during the test, either orally
or electronically. NO TALKING IS ALLOWED. This is INDIVIDUAL work.
- You may not open any email client.
- Please do not logoff or leave the room until you have verified with your TA
that the test was submitted correctly and has been received.
The program will be graded on:
- Does it have syntax errors?
- Does it meet the problem specifications?
- Does it produce the correct output?
- Does it do the job as simply as possible?
- Are data types used appropriately?
Topics you should be familiar with:
- string split method
- 2-d list, list append method
- creating lists
- traversing lists
- simple if statements
- counters / accumulators
- external data files
There will be no use of graphics nor random numbers.
There will be no use of try/except blocks.