Reasons to Pursue your Graduate Degree in Computer Science at UK
- International experts recognized for their contributions in cutting-edge research fields – Our department’s areas of research include Networking, Distributed Systems, Visualization, Imagery, Artificial Intelligence, Decision-Making, Data Science, Data Mining, Bioinformatics, Cryptography, Computational Science, Scientific Computing, Numerical Analysis, and Software Engineering. Learn more about specific research projects here.
- World-class, environmentally friendly facilities – In August of 2011, the department’s new Davis Marksbury Building was opened. The facility boasts LEED Gold Certification, making it the first building at UK to receive a LEED certification. LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the USGBC's leading rating system for designing and constructing the world's greenest, most energy efficient and high performing buildings. Together with the James F. Hardymon Building, it forms the hub for computer science related activities on campus.
- Among the many research centers within the department are the UK Center for Visualization and Virtual Environments (the VisCenter; read about it here) and the Laboratory for Advanced Networking. In addition, the department maintains close connections to the University of Kentucky Biomedical Informatics Institute (BMI). Several BMI faculty have joint appointsments in the Computer Science Department abnd advise our students.
- “Just right” department size that affords close relationships with faculty, advisors, and fellow students – The department has 25 faculty members and a large support staff. Meet each member of our department here.
- Excellent funding opportunities – close to 100% of our PhD students are fully funded. The stipends are at $18,000 per nine months, with additional funding for summer available. Find degree and financial aid information here.
- Successful alumni – Work on cool projects, at excellent companies, and earn great salaries. See some of the cool things that UK CS alumni are doing!
Finde the information flier here
Write to email@example.com to request more information.